Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Actors Names New Artistic Director

Associate Artistic Director of Berkeley Rep, Les Waters has been named the new Artistic Director at Actors Theatre. (Take that, California! You get Masterson, we get one of yours!)

Read the CJ article here. Of interesting note: Waters directed the debut of Sarah Ruhl's IN THE NEXT ROOM (or the vibrator play) before taking it to Broadway where it won an Obie and was nominated for three Tony's. Ruhl is a favorite of mine, and this play is scheduled to premiere at Actors in January.

Want to meet Waters and welcome him to our fair city? There's a reception at Actors tonight from 430p-630p.

I don't think I'll be able to make it, so I will extend my welcome now... Welcome to Louisville, Mr. Waters! If you need any advice or encouragement, drop me a note. I'll be happy to show you and your family around, give you advice, or share what I love about this city with you! We love our theater here in Louisville; do right by us, inspire us, and push us as your audience, and we'll love you to pieces!

No comments: